Welcome to Nurse Debbie’s Page
M.A Lynch Elementary School
Phone: (541) 923-4876 ext. 4309
Fax: (541) 923-4875
Cell: (541) 977-6919
Obsidian Middle School
Phone: (541) 923-4900 x 6313
Fax: (541) 923-6509
|AM 8-12||Obsidian||MA Lynch||Obsidian||MA Lynch||Obsidian|
|PM 12- 4||MA Lynch||Obsidian||MA Lynch||Obsidian||MA Lynch|
Redmond School District is required by state law to keep a record of each student’s immunizations. Parents who are enrolling a student in school must complete an Immunization form with their child’s record of immunizations. Please have the dates of your student’s immunizations with you at registration time.
- Students may be exempted from receiving certain immunizations for medical conditions or religious reasons.
- Tuberculosis testing may be required for students born in a foreign country.
- Students who are not in compliance will be excluded from school on February 20, 2020 (statewide Exclusion Day).
Know the Basics to Keep you Healthy
Redmond School District school nurses have a commitment to work with families, schools and the community to promote optimal health and educational success of all students.
For information about Redmond School District’s School Based Health Clinics, please click here.
Definition of School Nursing
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self management, self advocacy, and learning.” (National Association of School Nurses, June, 1999.)
Who is the School Nurse?
- A registered nurse (RN) licensed to practice nursing by the state board of nursing.
- A professional, accountable to practice in accordance with current
- Professional Standards of School Nursing Practice, as stated by the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) state laws, rules and regulations
- A nursing professional who advocates for children’s health and safety within the educational setting.